Dec 27, 2012

Boxing Day not-shopping, food and fashion

In about 24hrs or so I will be hopping on the bus to... NEW YORK!  Too excited for words right now. It's going to be 4 days of non stop shopping, sight seeing, eating, and of course... partying.  Will be sure to capture every moment and share it with you guys :) Anyways, while I'm still in Toronto, here's the boring things I've been up to recently.
As much as I love the layered look, I am always the throw on a single top and comfy bottoms type of girl.  Here I'm wearing a Zara blouse and Club Monaco leggings
My eating-out-everyday streak has not been broken yet.  Here's another lunch outing with the fam for dim sum at Regal Chinese Restaurant, formerly known as Red Ruby (紅寶石).  I was still waiting for my Thousand Layer Cake (千層糕) I get that every time... so good
Salads keep me from getting obese from all these holiday festivities.  I don't remember the last time I ate brussels sprouts and I certainly did not eat it raw.  So here's me venturing outside my foodie comfort zone with this Shreddded Brussel Sprouts salad tossed with cherry tomatoes, avocado, walnuts and dressed with a simple mustard vinaigrette.  Adapted from Use Real Butter's recipe.  It's really good and might actually convert some of you into brussels sprouts lovers
 Despite what I said about avoiding the Boxing Day madness, I fell right into the middle of it...literally
Let me explain... I went to watch a movie at a mall and naively decided that getting lapped up by the swarms of rabid shoppers was worth the trip to grab my Starbucks.  I don't know what to say anymore
 It literally took all my will power not to venture into stores adorned with 50% off signs.  It will be worth it to splurge in New York I kept telling myself.  In the end I did buy something though, but not for me ;) 
Come with me on my New York adventures!  Follow me on Twitter (@Lyanasu) and Instagram (Lyanasu)! xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit & yes, sales are amazing! So lucky you get to go to NY! Love it there<3

    xoxo
    EV
    eviiarty.blogspot.com
    Holiday Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you've def set my sights high on the dim sum train! we're planning a wonderful new years lunch at a hot spot up the street and i'm super happy about yum-delums like that are going to be served :) mad, cray-cray mall escapades girl, glad you didn't get run over, that's one heck of a crowd to surf through! eeps!!

    happy NYC wishes, it's dreamsville for sure. i love that city, there's sure no shortage of shopping and i bet you blitzed through like a champ. i hope your Christmas was full of warmth, love and good cheer. time is tick tocking much too rapidly. wishing you cheers and charms ahead. HAPPY 2013!!!! may it be the best year yet! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm with you! i tend to find myself with a loose blouse and leggings on the day to day hehe it's easy, mindless and you still feel pulled together! ohhh your dimsum looks so good!

    omgosh the mall looked so crazy can't believe you braved that for a starbucks hahaha!!

    can't wait to see your NYC pics!!

    ReplyDelete